Sunday, May 3, 2009

Interviews on pirates, classical and modern


With the pirates of Somalia in the news, I've been fielding a number of media inquiries about the parallels between the current piracy outbreak and the Golden Age Pirates. (The latter are the subject of my most recent book, The Republic of Pirates.)

My most recent interview is in today's edition of The Daily Advance in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, the newspaper of record for a swath of Blackbeard country. I also spoke about pirates with The Christian Science Monitor on April 12 (the day the captain of the Maersk Alabama was freed) and last Tuesday with San Francisco's non-profit KPOO-FM.

Finally there's a sidebar on the Somali parallels with my feature in the current issue of Military History Quarterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment