Monday, June 29, 2009

New book project: speaking in Boothbay, July 1

I've been at work on my new book, a history of North America's rival nations, by which I mean not the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, but rather Yankeedom, the Deep South, New Netherlands, etc. I'll be talking about this work in progress July 1 at the Boothbay Region Historical Society in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, at 4pm. (For the book itself, you'll have to wait: Viking-Penguin publishes it in late 2010.)

Unfortunately, the project's rapacious demands of time, travel, and energy have meant that I can't teach the writing track this coming academic year at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies.

I do have a few more speaking events around Maine this summer on Republic of Pirates and The Lobster Coast (which will be Scarborough's Community Read this year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment