Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Prague

I'm currently on assignment in the Czech Republic (and, soon, neighboring countries), where they're still recovering from a weekend of blizzards.

As a Mainer, it's a little difficult to see what the fuss is all about: they received about a foot of fresh snow on top of what looks to have been a base of less than an inch. But two days after the snow stopped, trains are running late, stores are closed, and streets remain slick and uncleared. (Are winters usually very mild in Bohemia and Moravia? I thought they played hockey here.) It is quite beautiful, and I've enjoyed the atmosphere immensely, even if its hard to get around.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Colin. I can't help but have the same reaction.

    "Aw, come ON you guys! Go buy a shovel or something!"

    I know, I know. They aren't used to it and aren't prepared, but still...

    Enjoy Prague! It must be beautiful with all the snow and none of the tourists. Wish I was there to hold your coat.

    ReplyDelete