Monday, February 8, 2010

Best of Portland 2010 Nominee



Just when you thought it was safe, the Department of Vulgar Self-Promotion is back, this time on the occasion of the Portland Phoenix's annual Best of Portland 2010 reader survey. I'm among the nominees for Best Author again this year, and even in the unfamiliar position of incumbent.

Truth be told, I'm putting my money on Phillip Hoose this time around. I mean, c'mon, the guy just won the National Book Award and the Newberry Honor. I haven't read his books, but I'm guessing he's gotta be pretty good. The other nominees are comic book artist Ben Bishop and novelists Ron Currie Jr. and Jessica Anthony.

While your voting for one of us (or writing in Stephen King's name), be sure to take the time to weigh in on other eclectic categories, like best politician, radio voice, dive bar and, my personal favorite, failed business.

1 comment:

  1. I voted for you, man! Who are those other people anyway? ;-)

    ReplyDelete