Saturday, October 29, 2011

American Nations on WBAI and CBC and in Portland Daily Sun

Regular readers of this blog may have tied of hearing about my new book, American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, but, alas, promoting it is my primary task these days. I'm taking a break to report on Portland, Maine's mayoral election soon, so don't despair.

Yesterday I was the guest on "The Gary Null Show" on New York City's WBAI and simulcast on the the Progressive Radio Network. There's a podcast of the interview segment online.

Today, Maine's Portland Daily Sun has an essay/excerpt of the book as their weekend feature.

Over the past week, I was interviewed by a dozen radio affiliates of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation: those in Toronto, Calgary, Winnipeg, Halifax, Charlottetown (PEI), Cape Breton Island (NS), Windsor (ON), Thunder Bay (ON), Kenowa (BC) and, my favorites, Yellowknife (Northwest Territories) and Whitehorse (Yukon). CBC Halifax expanded their piece into the lead feature of their "Mainstreet Nova Scotia" program Wednesday, but at present they don't have it podcasted. [Update, 12/31/11: Here's that podcast as an mp3 download.]

Thanks also to everyone who came to the filled-to-capacity talk I gave at the Maine Historical Society Thursday. I had a great time speaking with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment