Sunday, April 7, 2013

Speaking on the oceans, Belfast, Maine, April 9


My first book -- Ocean's End: Travels Through Endangered Seas -- was on the collapse of marine systems around the world, and now, thirteen years later, there seems to be renewed attention on the issues it raised.

For those in Maine's Penobscot Bay region, I'll be giving a talk in this vein at the University of Maine's Hutchinson Center this Tuesday, April 9 at 4pm. It's entitled Rebuilding the Seas: how the world’s oceans were laid low and what to do about it" and it's free and open to the public, thanks to the co-sponsors, the Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition and the University of Maine Senior College. If you're in the area come on by.

My next scheduled "free and open to the public" talk in Maine is June 26th at Maine Audubon in Falmouth, where I'll be talking about the thesis of my most recent book, American Nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment