Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Speaking on American Nations, Falmouth, Maine, June 26

For those in Greater Portland, Maine, I'll be giving my American Nations talk tomorrow evening at Maine Audubon Society's Gilsland Farm in Falmouth.

It's based on my most recent book, American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America, which won the 2012 Maine Literary Award for Non-Fiction and was named a Best Book of 2011 by the editors of The New Republic. For those who've read the book, I'll also be showing how the results of the 2012 election cycle comported with the regional cultures defined in the book.

The talk kicks off at 7pm and is free and open to the public. Hope to see you there.

My next scheduled public talk on American Nations is at the Waterman's Center in North Haven, Maine, July 23.




No comments:

Post a Comment