Monday, June 24, 2013

WGBH's "Beat the Press": DEP series "just the most unbelievable investigative thing I’ve ever seen"



WGBH, the Boston-based public television super-station, has a media discussion program called "Beat the Press," and this week they discussed my investigation of the Maine Department of Environmental Protection and Gov. Paul LePage's "gag order" against the paper.


Like all other commentators to date, the panelists all think the governor is doing himself a disservice, but host Emily Rooney also had effusive praise for the series, which I will shamelessly repeat here.
“This Portland Press Herald piece…it is unbelievable it’s eye-rolling, just the most unbelievable investigative thing I’ve ever seen," Rooney says. "It’s right out of Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway.”

(They start throwing the word "Pulitzer" around too, which Google says is some sort of prize founded by one Pulitzer József of Makó, a town south-east of Budapest which I'm pretty sure is where I gave myself heat stroke while trying to hitchhike my back from the Romanian border during a general strike by the Hungarian State Railways. But I digress....)

Thanks to the station for their interest, and to all of you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment